Wednesday, April 30, 2008

HALT!!

I only buy a newspaper on Sunday for the coupons, but Keith came home with the newspaper yesterday. He wanted to read about that guy in Austria that held his daughter captive, etc. There are sick folks in our world today! Keith read the article and then glanced through the rest of the paper and saw a column about Vietnam halting all adoptions from the U.S. I think the reason being that the U.S. is afraid there may be some under dealings going on in Vietnam to make these kids available. If you live in another country I think the process is a lot easier with Vietnam, than being from the U.S. and their restrictions, which I am sure are for the good of the child. I can see the faces of the kids that were in Van's orphanage, their chances of being adopted have narrowed now!

We are working on a trip to Southeast Asia again. Van was mellow on the trip home from Vietnam, but I think it will be a different story this go around and no, we are not on an adoption trip, at least not for now.

My parents will be here in two days, the boys always have a good time with them.