Friday, August 29, 2008

Indonesia

We had a small earthquake last night, but we didn't feel it. Keith is off on an overnight trip. The boys and I are staying with our friend, I am not ready to spend the night alone with the boys in the slap middle of nowhere. The electricity goes off often and it's pitch black here at night. We walked to our friend's house today and let me tell you it's a mighty steep hill. Needless to say we were sweaty when we arrived.

I have used a squatty potty twice already and that's enough to last me for a lifetime. Thursday I had my first experience eating in a restaurant in my barefeet. We went to the pool yesterday and we could see the Indian Ocean, it was such a beautiful view. We went to KFC for lunch and then to the grocery store/mall.

We saw a small monkey run across the road yesterday. We have seen many beautiful flowers and butterflies. I saw my first chocolate plant, cinnamon tree and other various bushes and trees.

Van has been torturing our friends' poor cat, but the cat seems to enjoy the attention.

It's 11 a.m. Saturday morning here and the boys are hanging out and playing with a few new friends.

Julie