Sunday, April 25, 2010

Where are we headed?

 



Just an update into our lives:

Housing- We are looking for a house to rent. We found one that we liked and tomorrow we'll go and put in an application and do a background check and see what happens from there. The house is in the Iroquois Park area. The apartment we're in now doesn't have enough outside run around area for these restless guys. This house is closer to work for Keith and closer to church for us.

Adoption - We have decided to look into the Ky foster-to-adopt program. We are attending a meeting on May 4th to find out more information. Upon brief discussion I think we'll request a 2-4 year old child (girl?). I find it hard to specify if I want a girl or boy, because normally we don't get to do the choosing, that's in God's hands. So, we'll probably say first available in that age bracket. www.wednesdayschild.com has a photo listing of older children available for adoption in KY. If you're interested in this program the number is 502-595-kids, ext. 5562

Missions - on temporary hold until we get more information and clearer direction.

Schooling - this is up in the air right now. We are not sure whether to homeschool next year or not (7th grade). I am thinking if we have another 4 year old in the house that there is no way I would be able to give Race the attention he needs for school. I think he would love the chance to be able to get back into a school setting and have interaction with more kids his age and of course, play basketball and possibly run track.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: