Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Is that Chicken or Fish?
We just returned from a tour of the town of Begkulu. We rode down a strip of road parallel to the Ocean. Keith, Van and I rode in a cyclo (as they are known by in Vietnam at least) down one of the main streets in town. A cyclo is a bicycle driven cart that carries a small load. Our hips would not allow us to sit next to each other, so we squeezed best we could into this cart. The man driving the cyclo was older and I think our weight was about to kill him. He was not used to cycling around fat Americans. Race rode with Andy, Emily and the kids on a horse drawn cart, we all had a fun time doing that. Van's shoe has been coming apart, so a street vendor shoe repairman was able to sew up his shoes for $.60. After a tour of Bengkulu we headed to KFC for lunch. We went to KFC the other day and I ordered a chicken sandwich, it was good, so I ordered it again today. Today for some reason the chicken tasted like fish, I don't like fish. If we go back it may taste like beef next time, huh? I will order something different if we go back.