Friday, September 5, 2008

Things not to take for granted

1. hot baths
2. drinking water from the tap
3. ice
4. a/c
5. american toilets
6. automatic instead of stick shift vehicles
7. toilet usage (at one place we had to pay to use the restroom and another place you needed to bring your own toilet paper

Things to get accustomed to:

1. Licking your fingers instead of using papertowels (Race prefers his shirt).
2. Eating with your fingers instead of with utensils.

Flies, mosquitoes, ants and lizards like living here along with many other numerous critters I could do without.

The cars here have the steering wheel on the right side of the vehicle and you drive on the left hand side of the road, which I think would take a lot of getting used to.

We are here for only a few more days. We went to the pool today, there is such a beautiful view of the Ocean. Tomorrow we will go to the beach after lunch and then pack up our items and get ready to head for Jakarta on Sunday. I think we'll sight see and shop while in Jakarta.