Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cherokee, North Carolina

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


After we left the cabin in Cherry Log, GA we stopped at a little town called, Dillsboro, NC and walked around the town and visited a few shops. Then, we headed to Cherokee for two nights. We were a little disappointed to see a brand new casino there. We spent one afternoon walking around the town and visiting some shops, which all seemed to have the same stuff in them. The next day we got a little adventurous and bought floats and went tubing. The water was extremely cold and very shallow in some spots. We tubed for about an hour on our first trip down and we enjoyed it so much, we decided to do it again. Well, the second time around wasn't as fun. My tube headed toward a stump that was hanging over the bank. I put my feet on the stump and tried to kick off of it, but when I did, I went under and hit my head on a rock, so needless to say, I was ready to call it a day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: