Thursday, March 13, 2008

First

 


This is the first photo we saw of Van on February 7, 2007. We were so excited to see that photo. We had waited for so long to see this little guy's face. This photo gave us hope that there was a real little boy waiting on us to go and get him. Van has come such a long way. I can't tell you how much he has changed over the last 5 months. He is jabbering away, but not a lot of understandable words yet, which leads to frustration on his and our part. We have an evaluator coming out on Tuesday to see if he is eligible for speech therapy. He wants to speak so bad it seems, he will watch your lips and try to repeat words, but they don't always come out just right.

Today is his 2nd birthday and he's active as can be this morning. I found some scribble marks on the closet door the other day, I wonder who could have done that. Van loves to write and color on himself, the wall and even on paper at times.

We thank God for this little boy and for the joy he has brought to our family. We still can't thank everyone enough who was part of this whole process.

Race is really excited, one of his best friends, Isaiah, will be coming in June to stay with us for a little over two weeks. Isaiah moved back to Colorado last summer and they haven't seen each other since. These guys would stay in the back yard and wrestle all night if we'd allow them. They are two of a kind and can't wait to be reunited.

I think I am on the upside on the stomach virus hopefully. Feeling a little better today, but not 100%.
Posted by Picasa