Monday, November 5, 2007

Hello from Hanoi

Well, we made it to Hanoi about 11p.m. last night. The motel we were going to stay in was booked, so we had to stay in what's called a guest house. The room was large and it was $10.00, that's about all I can say. We are now at the Lucky Star Hotel, much nicer. I just had a bath for the first time in 3 weeks, although I did shower in HCMC. I even got the privilege of smelling some chicken (i think) cooking through the bathroom window. Also, I was able to blow dry my hair for the first time. Our Embassy appointment is tomorrow around 2p.m. and we should get Van's visa hopefully on Thursday. The problem now is that we need to book our flight 5 days in advance, but we can only rebook it once for free. We should be able to book our flight tomorrow after our meeting once we have a better idea of exactly when we'll get the visa, it is normally the day after the meeting. We are about to go and explore Hanoi. It seems quieter here, several degrees cooler and less people. Van was a little less than thrilled to get on the airplane last night. He calmed down after a while though. He fell asleep about 10 mins. before we landed. I don't think he's going to be a happy camper on the long flight home. There is a lake near by and going to check it out. Please continue to pray for us even though we think the roughest part is behind us.
Julie

7 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Good to hear from Hanoi. You didn't want to stay at the guest house? I sure it did feel good to have a bath. Enjoy some new sights and maybe food. Get Van's visa and bring them boys home. love mama

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you all made it to Hanoi, safely. I am sure it was a wonderful feeling to have a good clean bath and to be able to dry your hair.I hope your time in Hanoi will be better and a lot quicker. Can't wait until you all are home. Guess who was at church Sunday, Carion Castleberry. She is married and lives in Tennessee. Wasn't she close to your age? Love, Heidi Stringer Woods

Grandma Judy said...

I like the picture, Van looks happy and I know he loves big brother. Granny Judy

Tasha said...

kjhjv

Tasha said...

Sorry, I hit the wrong button and sent a bunch of letters. Praise the Lord that you are in Hanoi. We pray that you will get home soon. I bet when you get home you will be taking hot baths and eating some good food. Maybe when you get back I can bring you all dinner!! Anything that you want I can try to fix!!!! We can't wait to see the boys. That picture of Van is so cute!!!!

BreAnna Fowler said...

We are so excited to know you will be home soon! Van is even more adorable than we imagined! Know we are praying for you and looking forward to having you back.
-The Fowlers

Mandy said...

Hello Parker's,

Hanoi sounds alot nicer. Hopefully, you'll be home soon! It sure is cold here! It has also gotten darker here sooner. Pitch black by 6:00 pm, but sunny earlier in the morning. Does Vietnam observe daylight savings?
Enjoy, hopefully a short stay, in Hanoi. We'll be seeing you sooner! We were just talking today about how Van is going to need some warmer clothes. I believe you said he is still wearing 12mos? You'll probably need 18 mos by the time you get home!(He's eating better is what I meant).

-Mandy