Friday, November 2, 2007

Hello Village Friends

Hi, it's Saturday morning and we are going to explore some tunnels that were used during the war. We are traveling with two families that have children from Van's orphanage. Race and Van are ready to play in the Village back yard. We miss our neighbors and friends. Van started walking for us last night. He is the typical Carnival Monkey- he was doing flips on the bed and walking on all fours last night. Race was laughting so hard that he started hitting his hand on the bed, so then Van started doing that. He is getting more and more active each day. We are so thankful for friends that are praying for us and even paying our bills for us. The little guy that was also adopted from the orphanage is close to Race's age and just as active as Race so that helps out a lot.
Later
Julie

6 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Van didn't have a chance not to become active with Race as a big brother and Julie and Keith for mama and dada. You three make it hard to sit still. I am really anxious to meet the little fellow. I've got to make myself get up and make a couple of pecan pies for the weekend and clean up a little. It is wonderful to know so many folks care and are praying for you. love much mama

Mandy said...

Hello Parker Four,

I am very happy that you all have some friends now to help past the time. That should help make it a little more bearable. Since it's the weekend, I suppose you will not hear anything new until Monday? I'm glad to hear Van and Race are doing well. Does the older child that was adopted speak English? We were all curious about that.
It's finally turned cold here. It's been in the high 30's in the morning and 50-60 during the day. The leaves are falling. It's just beautiful here. I hope you guys will be able to come home soon. Everyone sure misses you all.

-Mandy

Tasha said...

We are so happy that you have friends their now to help pass the time. I have added you guys to our church prayer list to pray for you. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you all...I mean around your house or anything like that. I would LOVE to help anyway that I can. I agree with Grandma Judy!!! Van didn't have a chance!! We cannot wait to see you guys. We love you guys very much. I hope you are taking alot of pictures of the place so that we can see what it looks like.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that some more families are there to help make the days go a little faster.It sounds like you all are seeing some very interesting places.I am glad to hear that Van is walking. He has changed so much, sounds like, in the weeks you all have had him. Love, Heidi Stringer Woods

Eowyn's Heir said...

Hey Parkers! I don't know how we missed your blog 'til now; Anne-Marie just told us about it and we got all caught up with your news. We are praying for you and are thrilled that you at least actually HAVE your son in your care now! The kids prayed for Race and Van and y'all in Sunday School today. You are all missed!
--Ryan & Christina Szrama

Unknown said...

Dear Julie and Keith,

I have loved keeping up with your blog of adopting Van. I feel for you with the wait and uncertainty, but am glad that you have friends there now. I am praying for you.

Allison