The previous photos were taken in Hanoi. This lake was a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle of all the people and the noise. There was a sidewalk all the way around the lake, we only went around the whole lake once. The water was pretty green, so I wouldn't have wanted to fallen into it, but the view was great. There were a few pushy book vendors that haggled us a few times though. The weather was so much nicer in Hanoi than HCMC.
Things I do not miss about Vietnam:
1. doing laundry in the tub and wearing super wrinkled clothes or clothes that I had previously worn a few times already
2. wearing a backpack everywhere that was very heavy and hot
3. rice and phu soup
4. people nagging for me to purchase something
5. the crowds and noise from the street
6. speaking for Race, people patting his head and saying "handsome boy"
7. trying to find somewhere to eat
8. trying to cross the street and make it across alive
Things I do miss about Vietnam:
1. no cooking for a month
2. no cleaning, thanks to the great hotel staff
3. walking to the grocery store
4. friendly smiles
5. cheap prices
6. one on one time with my family (no work, no busy schedules)
7. no telephone calls with telemarketers on the other end
No comments:
Post a Comment