Tuesday, October 30, 2007

2 weeks today

It's Wednesday morning here and we just had breakfast. We have had Van for two weeks today. He is learning what No means. Van has learned this yelping sound and it's really loud. Grandma was asking Van's size, he wears about a 12 month size. If he keeps eating like he does he'll catch up soon. His ribs were poking out when we got him, but that's better. His backbone really sticks out, his head is odd shaped in the back and he seems to have a deformity or something with a few of his lower ribs on one side, they seem to be indented. We are still waiting on the U.S. Consulate, which we were told there is nothing we can do and nobody we could call to speed up the process. The packet we need is the approval of all of Van's medical records, forms, etc. from the Consulate. Our friends arrived and they are picking up their children this morning. We hope to meet up with them tomorrow if we are still here. Our spirits are down today as we are tired of being let down by no news. We headed to the American War Museum yesterday, but it was closed when we arrived and didn't open for another 45 minutes and it was lunch time and there was nowhere safe to eat nearby. So, we opted to come back to the Hotel and eat and try the Museum another time. Rachel, I hope we don't have to stay 5 weeks, but if things keep moving the way they have been we may be here that long. Thanks for all of your prayers and comments, we really appreciate them and are glad to know that you are praying for us. God hears our prayers!!
Julie

6 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Van looks bigger than a 12 month size . Is the spot on his left hand that we thought was a birth mark there? Pops asked me yesterday if I was going to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving and I said I would like to do it in Louisville and he said him too. Pops telephone service went over last month we talked about everyday before you left because we knew we wouldn't be able to when you got to Vietnam. I my thankful to God for this blogsite, it is the next best thing to telephoning. I appreciate your friends encouraging comments. I pray Van's medical records be in your hands very soon. love mama

Anonymous said...

I hope all is going well with you all today. I am sorry that you all are having to play the waiting game. I know it is getting very old having to wait and entertain two little boys in a hotel room.Just remember all the blessings that God has giving you and how this wonderful little boy has completed your family. I wish there was something we could do to hurry the process.Mom and I have been talking about when you all come to South Georgia, we would like to have a party for Van. Everyone at church seems very happy for you all . I know those Grandparents are certainly smiling a little more than normal.I just pray that all the papers you need will come very soon. Love, Heidi Stringer Woods

Anonymous said...

Julie,

I just spoke with Bill Blocker and he thinks his son may be able to help speed up the paperwork. His cell is 849-093-3147. Tell him you know his father.

Cheryl Carl

Anonymous said...

Julie,

I'm not quite sure if I am doing this right so this may be posted twice. I just spoke with Bill Blocker whose son lives in Saigon. He is well connected and Bill feels he could help speed up the paperwork. His cell is 849-093-3147. Tell him you know his father.

Cheryl Carl

Mandy said...

Julie,

Cheryl Carl said she talked to Bill Blocker. She wanted me to let you know that he thinks his son will be able to help you. Please call him on his cell phone. His name is Walter Blocker. Cell #849-093-3147.

Good Luck!

-Mandy

Kim said...

Hey Keith, Julie, Race, and Van! Allison (Broadhead) mentioned that you guys had this site, so I was excited to find it. I am glad to hear you have your sweet Van, and am sorry things are dragging out so long there! I am praying for you guys.

Julie, are the birds staying away from you? ;)

Love,
Kim Willis (Bethlehem Baptist)