Well our friend Sharla was asking if Van was going to have our GA accent. That will be a sight to see. He has really been giggling today and having fun. Keith taught him to give you five. He has started throwing stuff and he likes putting his finger in Race's belly button. Race is feeling a little better, but does not have much of an appetite, but he said that he could eat KFC. I think he is just tired of the same foods. We went to the market and went bargaining tonight. We didn't stay too long, it's stinky and hot in there. We hope to hear from the Embassy/Consulate in the morning. The U.S. is the one wanting more documentation, etc. before they can set the appt., so maybe we'll know something in the morning. They mentioned having to run his photo on the T.V. in the province he is from. There is one more family with us and we're in the same boat. Van just loves the little bananas here. He starts to look at you and grunt if you are eating and he doesn't get anything. We are getting used to the traffic and sounds here, but ready to move on with this and get back home. I have enjoyed the break from the phone and the housework.
Julie
2 comments:
Hey
Glad to hear van is doing so good.Sure am proud of race for being such a good big brother.take that boy to kfc he has earned it.I know keith likes sea weed. Is he able to find any over there.I know he loves asian food.Sure hope you get everything done this week so you can start getting ready to come home.Can"t wait to see all your pictures.We love and miss you all.
Pops
Hello to all the Parkers! I hope all is going great today. I hope by the time you are reading this you will have your appointment, and will be able to go to Hanoi. I know you are ready to be back in the good ol' USA ,even though, you all are having the experience of a lifetime. It sounds like Van is coming around. I am sorry to hear that Race is not feeling good. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. Maybe a trip to KFC will help. I pray that in Hanoi the food will be better. Maybe there will be more choices of American food chains. Like your Mom said in one blog, Where is McDonald's? I thought they were everywhere. Look forward to seeing pictures soon. Love, Heidi Stringer Woods
Post a Comment