Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Rain

It seems to rain a little everyday but usually in the evening. It is Thursday morning and there's a light rain coming down, but gives little relief to the heat. I haven't checked the weather for KY yet, but I need to do that. For those of you wanting to fix us a meal when we come home we're officially allergic to rice and noodles!!!! We went to a bakery this morning that was a tasty treat. O.K. I found one more thing that they have here that's in the U.S. Believe it or not, but one of the pastries had pork in it and I promise it tasted like a Krystal burger for those of you in GA and a White Castle burger for those of you in KY. I don't like Krystal burgers but that was real good, I could eat 4 or 5 more. Race is still sick we started him on some prescription medicine this morning. He was able to eat this morning. Van's burns are really itching him and making him miserable at times. He is starting to talk to us, his favorite or only word is goo. He sways back and forth when you sing and will also clap his hands. He loves to go outside and grunts if he thinks someone is going out without him. Don't think you can eat a cookie without him grunting either. He is getting fussier at night. He is not as quiet and calm as he was but still mild. We don't have plans for the day we'll just see what the rain does. We have all lost some weight, which didn't hurt any of us. Van's belly is growing. Race is being such a great help with Van.

Julie

3 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

How were you able to get a prescription medicine? I am sorry the boy has been that sick, he does look a little paler than usual in the picture. I pray you get the appointment today. love mama

Unknown said...

KJRV -- We were going to fix you rice and noodles.

Love,
RKRJIN

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that Race had to start taking medicine.I hope that it will make him better and soon be able to sleep and eat at his own house. Do you want me to call Matt Williams again and see if he can call someone and see what is holding up the paperwork? Is it the papers or is the appointment holding you up? Or are they one in the same. I am just sorry that you all are waiting so long to come home. Love,Heidi Stringer Woods