Well, as usual we are still waiting. We went to see our friends, but they were napping, we'll see them later. Our friends at SYB (previous employer)sent us a contact name that may be able to help. Our only fear of calling anyone is that we have been told numerous times that the calls only delay things here. They do not work like the U.S. One of the staff with our agency said that it sounded like they were keeping our packet to prove a point that the system takes too long. There need to be changes in the Consulate here. We were told to call and complain once we return. The way they do things changes today, so I do not know what kind of impact that will have on us. The new way should speed things up for newer families coming in. We are bored out of our minds, we have watched Discovery and National Geo. until I can't stand it any more. We need to find new places to eat and go to while we are here. Bad attitudes on our part only make the waiting worse. Granny Judy if we're home at Thanksgiving we can surely cook a Turkey, anything but Rice!! I have been craving a chili dog. Van looks larger in his photos, but he doesn't have any rolls or anything. He not scrawny, but does need to gain fat in his arms and the rest of his body. He is playing with the Hotel staff. Our coordinator should be here a few more days and that always helps to know that he is here in case of anything. Van is saying Mama but not sure if he is refering to me or not though.
Julie
5 comments:
Still praying for your return and that God overwhelm you with his peace and hope (and patience.)
Rick, Kelda, & fam
Waiting is not a fun task. I am certainly sorry that it is taking forever for your papers to come.I am happy to hear that Van is saying Mama. He has listen to Race call you. I hope and pray that the papers will come soon. I pray that your day will be a happy one.Love, Heidi Stringer Woods
Hey guys, I just discovered your blog today (from Heather). I am so happy for you all that you finally can hold Van in your arms! I can't even imagine what the wait to get home has been like for you all, but I wanted to let you know that we have been praying for you and look forward to having a new friend in the neighborhood very soon! Many folks in the our quadrant have been asking about you all-so remember that you are missed and we are praying for you. -Matt and Amber Peavyhouse
Wow, what a journey this is for ya'll. We have missed you at Village Manor. Like the Peavyhouse family, we look forward to meeting Van and having you all back here. You are in our prayers and now that we know about the blog, we can keep better tabs on you! Julie, we'll buy you some pepsi and snickers to keep for you until you come home!
-The Fowlers
Hey, you have the best contact possible so keep on praying and asking for guidance and patience. Zane dressed up as Buz Lightyear last night he is a sport I want you to hear him talk, he doesn't take a breath when he's excited about something. Payne' class is having a program with singing and moving with music tomorrow, Payne has been participating so I am excited to see him tomorrow. Zane and Payne will be glad to see their new cousin and Karlee wants to see Race. Aunt Mattie has started some radiation treatments, she just had two. I am boiling eggs to make her egg salad, she thinks she wants some. Gary is coming for the weekend, Monday Mattie will be 74. I am ready to talk in person and hear all about everything in Vietnam. I am sure Van wants to call you mama and he'll probably say Race next then dada. We love much, Pops and Granny Judy
Post a Comment