Monday, October 15, 2007

Boy is it Hot!

Hi everyone, sorry it's been a while, but I am borrowing the computer at the hotel desk, so I do not want to tie it up for too long. We have been to Ben Thanh Market where you can buy anything from intestines to silk. It's extremely hot here. Race slept most of yesterday and is finally caught up on his sleep. I went to bed at 12pm and woke up at 2am, so I am still messed up. Keith can adapt to anything, he is doing well. We met a Vietnamese student today and he wanted to practice English, so went spent a lot of the day with him, he showed us several places. Mandy we ended up staying at Y Thien Hotel. It is basic and cheap, nothing fancy. We are leaving at 5:30 pm Monday (2 more hrs for us) to go to Can Tho. The other family should arrive around then and we'll head for Can Tho. We will have our ceremony tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. and then head back as soon as that's over. I think we'll stay at the Lucky Star in Hanoi. Mandy and Kristy-heads up, there is an asst. Director and a Nanny also that you need to be prepared to give a donation to as well. Food is cheap about $2 for a bowl of soup. Mama I found the post office today and bought post cards, but it will be Tomorrow or Wednesday before I can get back over there to mail them. Patty Barnes-we can't eat the ice here!!! Maelee-Race is 9 years old and is excited about getting a baby brother. Thanks everyone for writing and I will keep everyone posted as best I can. I hope to have photos soon.
Julie

9 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

We are glad to hear from you, sorry it is so hot where is the rain? Sounds like you are enjoying the trip and learning about the country and meeting some folks. Maybe you can sleep after you get Van and head to Hanoi. What river will you cross going to Can Tho? Race today is the big day to get that brother. Keith what Vietnamese foods have you tried?
Love, Grandma Judy

Mandy Watson said...

Thanks for letting us know how things are going! Last night I could hardly sleep because I was so excited for you guys and Van! (Ok, so part of why I couldn't sleep is because I am sick again and taking a bunch of meds that keep me awake.) Anyway, since I was awake a lot of last night I kept thinking about you and praying for you. We still haven't heard about our dates yet, but I am so hoping that we get them this week! If you happen to hear Henry say anything about it, please give us the heads up! Looking forward to hearing more from you all soon!Are you going to be able to post pics of you and Van? I sure hope so! I am looking forward to seeing them!
Mandy

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear that all is going well in Vietnam.I know today is going to be a super day, when you get to see Van face to face. I know it will be wonderful. Can't wait to see pictures of Van and his new family. Take care and enjoy your time there. Love, Heidi Stringer Woods

Unknown said...

Keith, Julie and Race,
We are so excited for you guys! We're praying for you!

Rick, Kelda and kids

The Gordon Family said...

Keith, Julie and Race

It is so good to hear that you have arrived safely. You have been in our thoughts and prayers often. We are very excited for you and are looking forward to further updates. Race, Rachel and Joel are missing you heaps and can't wait for you to get back and to meet your new little brother.

Love from The Gordons

Sharon Parker said...

We are so excited that you are getting Van today. We pray that things will go real smoothly and that he will love you all just as much as you already love him. We love him already too and can't wait for him to become part of our family. Race, I hope Van will let you get that hug for Granna. If not, just tell him that he has a Granna and Poppy who love him and can't wait to meet him. Race, we also hope you are able to find something you can eat over there. Julie, we appreciate you keeping us updated on what is going on and we know you are excited about finally seeing and holding Van. Keith, we know it has been a long ordeal for you too and hope and pray Van adjusts well to his new parents and new home in the USA. Be careful and keep us posted on what's happening. Love, Granna Sharon

Mandy said...

Hello Parker Family!

I hear it's HOT in Vietnam! :) I guess you have met the newest addition to your family by now. We hope to hear about him tomorrow. I sure hope you all get some sleep. It has to be very difficult to adjust to such a huge time difference! How's Race adjusting? Did he have enough to entertain him on the trip? Well, obviously you made it there in one peace. You sure have had a lot of people praying for you. We'll be sure to continue praying until your safe journey home. Enjoy your time with Van. Let us know how big he is. We've been curious to see what size he is wearing. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I know it is difficult keeping up with everything and everyone. We look forward to the next posting.

-Mandy

Tasha said...

Hi Parker family!!!

Praise the Lord that you got there ok and everything seems to be going ok. Please know that we are praying for you and look forward to hearing all that the Lord has done and is going to do while you all are there. Julie, I hope that you are holding up well and I cannot wait to see pictures. I am so excited for you all!!! Tasha

Tasha said...

Julie, Keith, and Race!!!

Praise the Lord!!!!! We are praying for your safe return with Van. Thanks for giving us updates about your adventure!! I am so glad that everything is going well!!! You will have to tell us what kind of intestines and stuff that Keith tried hahaha. Hope to here from you again soon. May the Lord bless you and keep you!!!! TASHA