Some of you have asked when will we return home, good question, we don't know yet. We have stayed in HCMC a little longer than expected. I think we just have on appt. in Hanoi and then wait a few days on Van's visa. We just found out that the U.S. person we are waiting to hear from must be in a meeting, because no word yet. So we are living by the skin of our teeth at the moment. The cleaning lady is in our room, she must think we're slobs. There are crumbs everywhere as Van is a messy snacker as well as the rest of us. Our quarters are a little cramped with suitcases everywhere.
Julie
4 comments:
Good to hear Race is better. No more little surprises from Van. Sounds like you're getting along great, Van is ready for his new home also. We're notorious for meetings but they'll take a break or adjourn very soon. You'll adventured out in all directions as far as you dare, need some new areas to explore? We'll be home soon, love, Grandma Judy
Hello, I am sorry to hear that you all no not have an appt. yet.I will pray all day that God will be with you all and grant this appt. soon.I know you all must be going crazy in a hotel room. There is just so much you can do in one room to entertain two children.I am just glad that you all have each other and now two handsome young boys in your life.Can't wait for you all to get back home and make a trip south. Love Heidi Stringer Woods
Please know that there are many people that are here praying for you and the guys. We know that the Lord is faithful and he is working things out for your good. Remember that his timing is perfect. Also, the Bible says that we plan our steps but the Lord directs our paths, maybe the Lord is protecting you from something. We love you and promise to plead with the Lord that He would bring you home soon. :)
Hello Parker 4!
I've really missed reading about your adventure in Vietnam. I've been in Las Vegas since Saturday and just got back today. Talk about being in a foreign country! There are tons of foreigners there! I don't know how you guys function with the time difference! I had a hard enough time dealing with a 3 hour time difference!
It's good to hear that Van is fitting in and getting along with you all. He sounds like a typical little baby boy! It's hard getting used to all that pooping and crying stuff after not being used to it. How's his burn on his leg? I suspect it' getting better. Julie, you are lucky to have such a calm and worldly sounding husband. Take it as a blessing! It's a good thing Keith is patient and has a taste for asian food. As for Race, he is just being...Race and a 9 year old boy! I'm glad to hear he is enjoying his lil' brother.
I couldn't agree with Tasha more. She is absolutely right! There are reasons for everything. For example, when you are running late for work and a you missed an accident on I-65 or Bardstown Road due to the fact you weren't in the area when you normally should have been. I believe you are there to experience Van's culture for him. To simply adopt a foreign child, yet not experience their culture would be a terrible thing. Now you can hold onto these memories and have stories to tell him, this blog to show him and your family and friends to talk about how much you all went through to get this gift from God. I think this would make a wonderful children's book story for him perhaps...
In the meantime, STAY AWAY from those crazy people on motorbikes! You are on an adventure of a lifetime. You will be back home in the USA soon and Grandma, Poppy and the rest will welcome you all with open arms!
Take care and hope to hear from you soon!
-Mandy
Post a Comment