Today was un-eventful to say the least. We sit and wait and sit and wait in the room then go to the lobby and sit and wait some more only to learn that today held nothing new. I am not sure what fruit God is working on in our lives, but it seems to be PATIENCE!!!!
I am used to having things in order and done in a timely manner and expect others to do do the same as well. Welcome to dealing with a different culture and the government Parker family. We have always said that we trusted in the Lord to work things out for us, but we still had some control over the situation. God is teaching us that we do not have control over anything and that we need to trust Him completely. Pray that we will. We seem to be a hard headed bunch.
We were hoping to get the package we needed from the Consulate today so we could fly to Hanoi, but we did not; not sure of the reason. We are still in HCMC. The Hotel here may hire us on as servants. :) Hopefully (prayerfully) we will hear somthing tomorrow. Pray that the Patience fruit and the many other fruit that needs to be developed in our lives together and personally will be developed and we will leave here stronger believers in the Lord our God! Thanks for all the prayers. Specifically pray that God would see fit to allow the paperwork to be completed. There seems to be a concern about something on the Consulate side of the matter. Maybe we will know more tomorrow. God is a good God and He is in control!!!!!
Keith
2 comments:
I am sorry to hear that nothing has changed.Matt Williams said he is going to call the same people and see what is going on. He was mad to hear that you all are still waiting and have no paper.It is hard to sit still and wait for something to happen that you want to happen so bad, but the Lord knows and He will be with you all. I know you know that he will never forsake us.Wish I could do something besides just pray. Love, Heidi Stringer Wooods
Well, I didn't think Keith had lost his voice, but since we've been talking by blog and email, Julie has been doing most of the writing. Patience does not come easy, it usually takes a life time. God has lead you where are for a purpose, we may never know about on earth. The people you are meeting are not by chance but intentional for God's purpose. I know you are very ready to come home, we are pretty anxious too.Greg opened the pictures from the orphanage. I can it is rainy over there. WE love much, pops and judy
Post a Comment