Well, we were blessed with a new little boy yesterday, Van Thanh Parker-19 mos. old. We were able to go to the orphanage, but we did not get to stay too long. Kristy I was able to see Trinity, she is such a pretty girl and seems to like to get her picture taken. I have a few photos and some video of her. I was not able to get many photos, because we were sort of rushed to go to the G&R. Did you also get your G&R? There are a lot of really sick kids, some that can be helped, but the funds are too low. We are going to call him Thanh, he responds to that. He is such a quiet and calm little boy. Race sure does love this little guy. He seems to like stacking cups and wooden blocks the best. He has extreme diaper rash or soemthing on his legs, they are as rough as alligator skin. He has a slight fever and a runny nose. I finally had some american food yesterday-Steamed corn on the cob and it was good. Bring motion sickness medicine if you come, the van ride is worse than the plane ride. Thanh is upstairs resting. Thanh and Race slept together last night on a floor mat and they slept all night. Thanh doesn't seem to know how to suck from a bottle or sippy cup, I think they just kind of pour it down. I need to go. Continue to pray for us as we are still waiting on the form to come.
Julie
Julie
8 comments:
Hi Julie, Keith and Race,
We are so thankful to have heard from you and that you finally have your other little son, Thanh. Race, we are so proud that you and Thanh have hit it off so well. We love all of you and hope you have the form you need SOON so that you can come home.
Love, Granna and Poppy Parker
We are so happy to know you have Van Thanh. Race, it sounds like you're already a super big brother. We love the Parker Four very much, Pops and Grandma Judy
Congratulations Parkers...I want to cry with joy for you all. I pray that the next few days will hold only positive bond-building activities. I can't wait to meet your new little guy!
Carlos and Sharla Martinez
Julie, Keith, Race, and Thanh,
We are so very happy to hear this wonderful news. It really seems like Race is going to make a wonderful big brother. You are in our thoughts and prayers, for the form you need and a safe trip home.
Love,
Kim, Mike and Coby Fox
Hi Julie, Keith and Race,
I am sorry I have not written earlier. I just got to my email today and Mom (Aunt Vivian)had sent this link. You are all in our thoughts and prayers as you continue on this journey. I am looking forward to picture (I cannot believe how big Race is!!!
Love,
Michelle
Congratulations on getting your new baby boy!!!! We are so thankful and praise the Lord that he is calm and not fussy!! We are glad to hear that Race is doing well with his brother. Race has alot of things to teach his new little brother. Julie, what was it like when they put him in your arms. I just cannot imagine the flood of emotions you had. Praise God you finally have Thanh.
I am so happy to hear that you all got Thanh.I can just imagine how you all felt when you first saw him. I am glad that Race and Thanh are hitting it off. I hope and pray that the paper will be there. Matt Williams called us to see if the paper had made it. He ask us to keep him informed. Can't wait to see pictures of you all. Love, Heidi Stringer Woods
Hey Parker 4!
It finally happened! The day finally came! Does it feel real? All we can say is WOW! All the ladies at work are VERY excited for you. Get Thanh some Balmex. Poor thing. All he needs is his Mamma. How is he adjusting to you all? I wouldn't even both using bottles for him. I hope you have sippy cups. It's ashame those children are so sick. We can't wait to hear more about Thanh!
-Mandy
Post a Comment