It's Wednesday morning and we are still waiting on the call from the U.S. to approve our appt. time. Keith is sipping his iced coffee and Race has his head propped on the desk counter bored out of his mind. I am feeling a little sick this morning, but not that bad. Mandy W. we have been in HCMC since the night of the 13th and it's the 24th here. Our G&R was on the 16th. Even if we have our appt. today we can not fly until tomorrow. You have your appt. one day and go and pick up a paper the next day. Our coordinator had to fly to Hanoi yesterday to meet another family, so we are with the asst. coordinator, I guess. Mandy W. have you decide where you'll stay? I haven't seen the Somerset Hotel. We may go back to the post office today for more post cards, they are about a quarter each and really pretty. You can buy a can of coke for about 30 cents. A gallon of Aquafina water is less than a dollar. One store must have refilled the aquafina bottles with coke and were trying to sell them, needless to say I do not frequent that store. M&Ms are about 60 cents. I had Spaghetti last night at D Coffee Shop and Race had Fish and Chips again, we splurged and spent 9 bucks on supper. Van is talking some and trying to walk a little more. He is such the little pig, he will eat as much as you will feed him. He likes cheerios and crackers. For anyone traveling here babyfood is expensive and bring plastic spoons and cups to feed the baby out of. Baby cereal is also a big hit with bananas in it. I have approval to post photos, now let's see if I can. Van is not very photogenic. He always looks the other way or will not smile if you take his photo. I don't believe I have the first photo of the rascal smiling. We know the wait is for a reason so we will press on in Faith that all will work out in God's timing. Mandy R. hope you had a good trip to Las Vegas. I have been doing crossword puzzles a lot! Things we miss- (Julie) Ice in my drinks, Chips & Salsa, Mountain Dew, alone time (Race) Cheese, Playing Outside (Keith) reading outside in the lawn chair. I wish I would of brought some of Race's school work to keep him occupied instead of wasting so much time doing nothing. We have played lots of Uno and other little word games.
Julie
1 comment:
Hang in there. You are having plenty of togetherness time. When you go to the post office mail a card home. I liked someone idea of singing to Van the four of you could practice a few songs and become a quartet. Try making a hotscotch game on the floor and play. There's hang man, I spy, and duck, duck, goose you can play. love much, Grandma Judy
Post a Comment